Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box

Posted 22 May 2010, 19:16:23

Why don't you share your ad revenue with set list posters? In doing so, you are getting free SEO for your site as individuals are inclined to publicize their set list links and widgets around on the internet. Your site will grow faster, raising your rating, as well as your ad sense revenue (along with all your contributors'). All the best!

Re: Suggestion Box

Posted 22 Oct 2012, 21:05:30

Why can't I add photos off the old concerts i visited

Posted 12 Sep 2013, 16:06:44

Is there any way to provide the old splash screen so I could see likeminded people and the bands they are seeing. this was a great way to identify new bands to see. now, unless you've been to the same concert or you want to wade through a lot of entries, it doesn't work.

Posted 25 Jun 2015, 6:56:38

I wish I could change my profile picture and to see many photos in this website which is too grey for me

Posted 24 Nov 2015, 11:23:00

I think it would be cool if we could connect to facebook so my friends could see the concerts I've been.

Posted 23 Dec 2015, 16:40:21

some memorabilia section on tour pages would be nice

Posted 10 Jan 2016, 16:08:32

Why don't you have an app?

Posted 27 Jul 2016, 2:04:42

I just had this thought looking at my “statistics,” but it would be super rad if you added a map that communicated with your “shows attended” that showed geographically where you travel for concerts.

Posted 28 Jul 2016, 21:50:01

I just had this thought looking at my “statistics,” but it would be super rad if you added a map that communicated with your “shows attended” that showed geographically where you travel for concerts.

A map of where songs have been performed would be cool too.

eg. Some artists perform the Australian national anthem when touring Australia, but it would be cool to quickly see when and where it has been played in other countries.
http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/peter-dodds-mccormick-2bd2687a.html?song=Advance+Australia+Fair

Posted 23 Aug 2016, 10:17:21

Why don't have a duplicate/merge button on the setlists to suggest that a setlist is duplicated of another setlist?!

Setlist.fm patches

Posted 23 Aug 2018, 23:48:33

Patches for people to sew onto their battle jackets, backpacks or whatever would be great with a text like “Catched the setlist? Post it on setlist.fm!”, just to spread he word in an appropriate manner.

Posted 23 Aug 2018, 23:50:38

I also support the idea of making it possible to upload a scan/photo of setlists, as well as pics of the tickets, flyers, posters and other stuff related to the event.

Posted 27 Sep 2018, 16:36:53

Under the user profile page, it shows details regarding their concert attendance, such as the number of times the user has seen a given band and the number of times the user has seen a concert at a given venue. Festival setlists are counted under the number of times the user has seen that band (obviously), but they are not counted under the number of times the user has seen a concert at a given venue.

For example, on my user profile page (https://www.setlist.fm/concerts/MatthewJMcMahon), it shows that I've been to the Bijou Theatre in Knoxville, TN for 13 concerts. However, I've also attended shows at the Bijou Theatre as a part of Big Ears Festival, which I've attended 6 years (2010, 2014-2018). At Big Ears 2018, for example, I saw Jaga Jazzist's Thursday show at the Bijou (https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jaga-jazzist/2018/bijou-theatre-knoxville-tn-43ef733f.html; note that their Friday show was at a different venue). Interestingly, when you go to the Bijou's venue page (https://www.setlist.fm/venue/bijou-theatre-knoxville-tn-usa-63d63653.html), it does include/count concerts that occur as a part of Big Ears Festival.

I suppose that, on some level, I see the logic in separating out festival shows when looking at venue. After all, having been to 13 Bonnaroos, I've attended hundreds of shows at “Great Stage Park, Manchester, TN,” though this isn't really the same as attending a bunch of shows at a single venue. Having Great Stage Park show up as my top venue would be a little bit disingenuous. (There's also the catalog of festivals that a user has attended listed directly below the venue catalog on the user's profile, which gets at this aspect.)

However, the concerts at the Bijou during Big Ears Festival are not that different from those at the Bijou outside the festival. I would really enjoy knowing my total at the Bijou including festival sets.

In sum, I don't know exactly where the line should be drawn between counting festival sets at a venue like Great Stage Park versus a venue like the Bijou Theatre, but I feel like it's a discussion we should be having. Perhaps adding a second list of venues on the user's profile (directly below the current one? or below the festival list?) that counts venues, including festival shows, could be an easy solution. Or perhaps there could be a little “tick box”/“check box” beside the current venue list that you can mark if you'd like to include festival shows in the count. Either of those options would allow for users to see their concert count at a venue both including festival sets and excluding festival sets. (Perhaps that option could even be added to the artist catalog on the user page, too!) I'm just spitballing ideas, but hopefully we can implement something like this in the future.

Posted 28 Sep 2018, 7:03:49

Thanks for the suggestions. The user stats really deserve more love. One of more frequent requests is to group the amount by day. E.g. you're at a regular concert at Great Stage Park with two support an one main act. This should count as 1 time being at Great Stage Park. This way the festival counts could go into the regular counts (three day festivals count as three times at the venue though). Also attending a matinee and evening show on the same day also counts as one day. So there are some caveats there too.

The other stat would be just all setlists per venue, just as you've described.

Note that this is just my personal opinion to keep the discussion going. It's no final decision and there's also no ETA for a revised user stats section yet – sorry.

Posted 12 Nov 2018, 2:27:05

Open source the website so more improvements can be implemented at a higher pace.

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.